A film born out of an Instagram DM conversation between Thesis Lifestyle and Let's Play Outside (LPO) about the need to tell our own stories and essentially sit at the cusp of authentic conversations and street culture as it unfolds.
The above description is the reason why Misunderstood Authentics was created. Misunderstood authentics deals with the building hurdles of Thesis Lifestyle as narrated by Wandile Zondo and Galebowe Mahlatsi, but its intertwined with the story of Street Fighter Crew, a BMX "STANCE" cycling crew from Sgodi'phola (Mofolo North). The film is a conversation between two brands at different parts of the spectrum, one established and one at it's infancy speaking about their different culture fields namely clothing and BMX stance culture.
To be a misunderstood authentic is part parcel knowing that what you are doing is not known by many and yet you foster through to getting to the point where recognition & stability (financially and otherwise) helps open up the culture/industry so that you move from being misunderstood to being an authority.
This is just the beginning of content series that we will be doing together with LPO where we explore culture as we see it and continue deep diving into BMX STANCE culture.
A film about @sowetostreetfighters and @thesislifestyle . The Misunderstood Authentics
- Director: @frypanmfula
- Assistant Director: @sizmeister
- DOP: @bantu_and_the_streets
- 2nd Cam and drone operator: @theotainmentp
- Sound recordist: ThatGuySiz
- Styling: @uceli_uyastyla
- On-set photographer: @cebamac
- Post production: @bantu_and_the_streets | @uncapfolk
- Final Mix - @limrinse
- GFX - @kagiso.css
- Production assistant : Kagiso Lebethe
- Archive: @thesis_lifestyle & Sneak-Peak
- Producer: @uncapfolk , @thesis_lifestyle , @lpo_sa
- Produced by: @frypanmfula & @sizmeister